2018年11月15日木曜日

Practice and Progress

The Deep Breath

When I told my class they could recite the entire alphabet in less than 20 seconds there was a universal “EHHHHHHHHH?!” accompanied by groans. 

 It warmed my heart to see the smallest member of the class race through her alphabet cards in less than 15 seconds. Somehow her tiny fingers were dexterous enough to pull it off. Almost everyone pulled it off.

Once the cheers subsided. I asked how much Student A had practiced that week; she shyly responded “every day.”
The Speed of Practice
There’s no way that practice can make you significantly worse at the thing you’re practicing, I don’t think. If anything, it’ll at least promote a growth mindset as you work to master English.

We’re having another test next week. There’s a rumbling that the benchmark will be less than 18 seconds...

Images courtesy of Flickr

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿